We present guide to Shackleton, London producer and co-founder of great Skull Disco label, which is home to some of the most forward-looking music in dubstep.
Download the mixtape (right click > save as)
Co-runs Skull Disco. Shackleton’s maverick take on big basslines and complex beats doesn’t fit into easy categories and that’s how it’s going to stay. Shackleton has been carving out his own brand of eclecticism on Skull Disco releases so far with intricate, snaking percussion, hypnotic melodies, seriously deep bass lines and dubwise sensibilities.
- El Din (“El Din”, Mordant Music 2008)
- You Bring Me Down (“Soundboy’s Gravestone Gets Desecrated By Vandals”, Skull Disco 2008)
- Tin Foil Sky (“Soundboy Punishments” Skull Disco 2007)
- Naked (“Soundboy Punishments”, Skull Disco 2007)
- Blood On My Hands (“Soundboy Punishments”, Skull Disco 2007)
- Minimoonstar (Ricardo Villalobos Remix) (“Vasco”, Perlon 2008)
- Next To Nothing Feat. Jackson Del Ray (“Next To Nothing”, Crosstown 2007)
- In The Void (“Soundboys Suicide Note”, Skull Disco 2008)
- A Death Is Not Final (“A Deat Is Not Final”, Skull Disco 2008)